Sam X Renick
Award winning financial education expert, author, song writer, and social entrepreneur
Sam X Renick is an internationally recognized leader and pioneer in financial literacy. He is a source and force of knowledge and joy on great money habits.
In 2001, Sam founded the “It’s a Habit!” Company and co-created children's storybook character Sammy Rabbit to make it easy for anyone to talk to and teach young children about great money habits!
Since then Renick has produced one of the largest libraries in the world of financial literacy resources. It include stories and songs like Sammy’s Big Dream, Get in the Habit, S.A.V.E. Rainy Day, Lemonade Stand, Anyone Can Be Rich, Show My Family the Way and more.
For nearly two decades, Sam has delivered his innovative and infectious brand of financial education to more than a quarter million children in 8 countries and 40 states. It has garnered multiple honors for himself and others, including:
- 2016 National Financial Educators Council Financial Educator of the Year
- 2015 NJ Coalition for Financial Education Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2011 & 2008 Excellence in Financial Literacy Education Program & Book of Year
- 2007 California Jump$tart Coalition Leaders in Personal Financial Literacy Award
Recognition for Others:
- NEAFCS Dean Felker Financial Mgmt. Award | Megan O'Neill, University of Maryland
- National Gold Medal: Ready, Set, Read Project | Texas FCCLA
- Desjardins Financial Education Awards | Northwest FCU, DuPont Community CU
Check out Sam in action at YMCA!
Sam’s mission and work have earned support worldwide of individuals and enterprises.